WPGA Members Approve By-Law Changes & Restructure Plan
MADISON, WI April 11, 2018– Members of the Wisconsin Propane Gas Association (WPGA) have overwhelmingly approved a number of by-law changes, including restructuring the board of directors and membership districts in an effort to increase member engagement and better serve the industry.
“We’re committed to building a stronger, more effective leadership team.” said WPGA President Roger Boehlke. “This new structure is designed to help us achieve that.”
Development of the restructure plan began in mid-2017 when the board appointed a focus group to address issues with board member engagement and marketer director vacancies. Key elements of the restructure include:
- Reformat and reduce the number of districts from nine to four.
- Reduce the size of the board from 27 positions to 17.
- Reduce the number of Marketer District Directors from 18 to four. These positions will be elected by the marketer members in their respective districts.
- Increase the number of Marketer-at-Large positions from three to eight. These positions will be elected by all marketer members.
- Reduce the number of Supplier-at-Large positions from five to four. vi. Increase term lengths for all marketer positions to three years.
The new structure and amended by-laws are effective immediately and will be reflected in the 2018 board elections.
About the WPGA:
The Wisconsin Propane Gas Association is the trade association of the Wisconsin propane industry. WPGA represents approximately 200 companies, including producers, wholesalers, transporters, and retailers of propane gas as well as the manufacturers and distributors of associated propane equipment and appliances. For more information about WPGA and the propane gas industry, visit WPGA online at www.wipga.org.